CU's Family and Medical Leave Insurance Program (FAMLI) program provides all eligible employees with a portion of their weekly salary for up to 12 weeks of leave to care for themselves or a family member.
FAMLI aims to ensure that Coloradoans don't have to choose between earning a paycheck or caring for themselves or their family in a time of need.
Eligible leave reasons include:
- Parental leave - Birth, adoption or foster placement of dependent children.
- Medical leave to care for yourself - To treat a serious health condition such as an illness, non-work-related injury, surgery, impairment, pregnancy complications and physical or medical conditions.
- Medical leave to care for a family member - To care for a family member experiencing a serious medical condition.
- Military family members (exigency) leave - Based on a need arising out of an individual's family member's active-duty service or notice of an impending call or order to active duty.
- Safe leave (domestic violence) - To attend to needs if an employee or family member have experienced domestic violence, stalking, abuse, sexual assault or other situations.
It can be used by all employees who reside in Colorado, including faculty, staff, student employees, graduate medical education residents and graduate students on appointment.