Ensure your loved ones are well taken care of with Bright Horizons - Years Ahead.
As a CU Boulder or CU System employee, you receive a benefit through Bright Horizons to better help you juggle family and career. One membership through Bright Horizons available is Years Ahead, a database to help find reliable elder care, planning and living situations within your budget.
Through Years Ahead, you can specialized facilities for your loved one including memory care, hospice, and independent and assisted living communities. You can trust and relax knowing your family members are in reliable hands.
Enhanced family support
In addition to back-up child, adult, and elder care, the Enhanced Family Supports program through Bright Horizons will continue. This includes:
- Sittercity membership: Access to a nationwide network of caregivers with profiles.
- Years Ahead membership: Understand and find the right level of care for their aging loved ones.
- Preferred enrollment status at community-accepting Bright Horizons child care centers.
- Tuition discounts at participating partner centers nationwide.
- Tutoring and camp discounts at participating partner centers nationwide.
How it works
If you previously created an account through the existing Bright Horizons benefit, you will need to create a new account to take advantage of the expanded benefits going forward.
- Visit the Bright Horizons client portal and create an account using your employee ID (if you do not know your Employee ID, you can look it up in MyCUInfo).
- CU System employees log in through the same portal as CU Boulder employees, so the registration page will indicate “University of Colorado Boulder.” This is the correct page for CU System employees — please do not click “Change my employer.”
- Create your care profile:
- Employee profile: Provide your relevant contact and employment information.
- Care recipients: Enter your relationship, care location(s), and health information, and download/complete any required care forms.
- Authorized contacts: Add any adults (e.g., spouse/partner, grandparent, friend) as emergency contacts and/or individuals who are authorized to pick up care recipients.
- Care locations: You can choose locations near your home and/or along your work route.
- When ready, make a reservation for care.
Who is eligible?
CU Boulder permanent faculty, staff, graduate students on an active appointment, and CU System Administration staff.